Posted on 30. Jun, 2010 by in Social Media
Social Media Can Enhance Your Company
- Reputation Management-People are talking about you online, whether you choose to listen or not.
- Customer Service-Social media customer service is the new (800) number.
- Public Relations-Social media enables you to take your message to customers directly.
- Customer Acquisition-Market sideways. Features and benefits are too boring to work in social media.
- Create Brand Communities-Activate your fans and give them something to do. Don’t just collect them like baseball cards.
- Thought Leadership-Everyone in the world has expertise. What’s yours, and how do you distribute it?
- Networking-Social capital belongs to individuals, and is loaned to brands. You can use social networking to develop relationships online that you’d be unlikely to have otherwise.
Posted on 18. Jun, 2010 by in Social Media
Why Social Media?
- This year the Gen-Y will outnumber Baby Boomers. 96% Social Networks
(source: Grunwald Associates National Study- Trendspotting Blog/Milenials Conference)
- Social Media has overtaken porn as the #1 activity on the Web
(source: Huffington Post)
- If Facebook were a country it would be the world’s 3rd largest in the world
- The fastest segment on Facebook is 55-65 year old females
(source- Inside Facebook Blog)
- % of companies are using Social Media in a hiring assesment- 80%
-95% will use LinkedIn as a primary tool to find employees
(source-Jobvite Social Recruitment Survey)
- 80% of Twitter usage is outside of Twitter…people update anywhere, anytime…imagine what that means for bad (or good) customer experiances?
(source-Attempting to relocate)
- There are over 200,000,000 Blogs (and counting)
- 25% of search results for the World’s Top 20 largest brands are links to user generated content
(source-Marketing Vox and Nielsen BuzzMetrics SES Magazine June 8 page 24-25)
- 90% of Consumers trust peer recommendations-Much lower % trust advertisements
(source- Nielsen Global Online Consumer Survey)
- The #2 largest search engine in the world is YouTube
How To Know If You Need Social Media in Your Business
- Are your competitors growing their business and yours is not?
- Do you have a daily report of anyone making a remark online about your company-so you know your reputation?
- What are the 5 keywords or phrases that your potential clients would use to find your company?
a. If you enter those words in Google and your company doesn’t show up on the first two pages, then how are your potential clients going to find you?
- Are you on a budget but want to grow your business?
Here’s the Deal
The bottom line is this; several years ago many thought social media was a fad…now we know it’s here to stay and it’s dominating the internet like no one could have really predicted.
Those companies participating in social media properly are seeing the results without a doubt.
The pitfall to social media is it does take time and it does take someone really understanding how to effectively exist online in a manor that’s going to drive traffic. Our team of experts have been studying, participating and coaching people on how to manage social media networks for some time now…let Gravity Junction use it’s expertise, and it’s time to help you grow your business for much less than traditional, boring, ineffective advertising.